Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bengazi Update

Whoa... I've forgotten to blog.  Of course it really isn't as though anyone other than me cares so I guess I won't beat myself up too much about it.

My last post was about Bengazi and boy what a difference 8 months make.  Turns out it wasn't a free speech issue at all.  That was just administrative spin that has subsequently backfired hugely.  It was terrorists.  Again. We had inklings that things were heating up around there but either didn't prioritize it or didn't fund it so people died.  Again.  The devil's bargain between controlling costs and protecting American interests worldwide is difficult and one that I can't second guess.

I still believe what I said about free speech.  I was surprised at the time how much it meant to me and, reflecting back, am certain it still ranks as a core value. I am American.

No comments:

Post a Comment